Off The Beaded Track: Extravaganza $ 39 (3 pieces only)

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Extravaganza $ 39 (3 pieces only)





This REAL leaf is a beauty flown over all the way from United States.

When I was young, my mum brought me to a place full of trees and showed me a 'skeleton' of a leaf that had decomposed. I was really fascinated and kept digging among the heaps of fallen leaves to look for more. Nowadays when I walk past heaps of leaves, I couldn't help but to look out for them still.

This skeleton has been dyed hot pink and laminated to make it hard. It has a glossy surface. Black suede leather choker. Chain and even wires are of 14K gold-filled. Very 'precious' stones are used (from top to bottom): pink Tourmaline, 2 gold pearl nuggets, faceted and very clear Iolite and a green Tourmaline. I want to make this the best.

I have always loved natural stuff and have always been avoiding man-made crystals and beads. I am totally satisfied with this leaf despite its cost.

Earrings customizable. This piece is stunning with black. Pendant is 10cm long.