Off The Beaded Track: Fruit Tree $ 56 (Version II of Mother-In-Law's Birthday Present)

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Fruit Tree $ 56 (Version II of Mother-In-Law's Birthday Present)




When I was making this for Peggy, I had 2 regrets: 1) Not making this earlier even though I had this idea in my mind and 2) Cutting my nail the day before.

The first is understandable as the design is in the same 'era' as my earlier works and people seem to miss that era a lot! My fingers are very sore right now as I do not have enough nails on them to help. If I were to say that this piece is difficult to make (~ 5 hours), it is probably due to the stringing process when the 14K gold-filled bead holes were too small and I had to resort to all sorts of methods to push the two wires through the holes, without my nails.

But anyway I enjoyed the process and I will let my fingers rest for the next few days.

Good Peridot chips with white and peach freshwater pearls. Beads are 14K gold-filled. Other parts are in 925 silver.