Off The Beaded Track: Earl Grey $ 30

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Earl Grey $ 30


This is another pair of earrings which I will wear myself (as you all know I hardly wear what I make). I am not a pastel-coloured person in terms of dressing up, and neither am I a 'loud-coloured' person. So this is just nice! I am quite proud of the colour combination.

This is the FIRST time I am using Smoky Quartz. To me, Smoky Quartz is like the aroma of dark, rich coffee without sugar or milk. At first, you just hated the idea of drinking it (the colour of the stone), but the more often you drink it, the better you know of its unique taste and eventually you fall in love with it.

For a long time, I couldn't quite understand why anyone would buy Smoky Quartz in jewelry-making. But now my 'stones maturity' has led me to appreciating and liking stones such as Turqoise, Ruby and Smoky Quartz.

The first picture shows the actual colour of Smoky Quartz, which is brownish-grey but clear. The other stones are olive-jade, peridot and white pearls.