Off The Beaded Track: Copyright Infringement

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Copyright Infringement

Dear friends and loyal customers,

Do help me keep a lookout on any jewelry websites that post up pictures taken from my blog. I have been suspicious of this happening already. Or should you see a continuous range of VERY SIMILAR designs with or without similar item names on a blog or website, do let me know? THANKS A LOT and I count on you for your great help!

I view jewelry-making to be an expression of my own creativity and style. Every now and then I get inspired by many other designers, but I would never want to stop making jewelry originating from my own style, or at most a fusion of my own and other designers' creativity. I am sure many other ladies who just started out this hobby get inspirations from my blog (which I do not mind at all), but if anyone intends to just copy wholesale from here and is exposed, I will not hesitate to take legal actions. Of course, I acknowledge that there are coincidences whereby two pieces of jewelry are exactly similar in design, but it will just be too coincidental when even the materials are similar.

Every piece of jewelry, from conceptualisation to creation and then photo-taking, is a unique masterpiece which will call out to unique admirers. By helping me expose the copycats, your jewelry will be authentic and not be 'mass-produced'. I sincerely thank you in advance!