Off The Beaded Track: Hobby # 2 (Not intended for sale)

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hobby # 2 (Not intended for sale)

During my MIA period this year towards the end of my pregnancy, I was desperately doing stuff that I thought would be impossible after Chunchun came - Movie Marathon, endless shopping trips, meeting up with old friends etc etc.

I started picking up a new interest - Felt Art, at a workshop in Takashimaya with friend C.
















This was what I made during the workshop, taking 3 full hours! It's a cartoon sausage dog. The technique is really simple - just poking and punching at a ball of fleece. We went Kinokunya and bought a book on dogs.

















My second piece of work done at home the next day. This is a Labrador Retriever.















I started to put in more efforts in the contours of the dog, the muscles, the hips, the blending of colours, the expression.
















And its young:
















Miniature Dachshund:
















Siberian Husky:
















Then trying out the Miniature Schnauzer in a sitting position:




















And something more fury that requires new techniques, the Pomeranian:






























Err it may seem that I have a profound interest in dogs but to be frank, I know nuts about them. This is my happy family of dogs:








Hopefully I can add on to the number :)