Off The Beaded Track: Mother-in-law

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mother-in-law

On the chartered bus from Singapore Casket to CCK Christian Cemetry, a lady stranger sitting in front of me couldn't stop crying. At one point, she turned around and told my husband that it was our Mum who had encouraged her, shared experience with her and removed her fears for her own bone-marrow transplant 4 years ago. Since then, she had often chatted over the phone with Mum and they became good friends. She said she was very grateful to Mum for her continuous encouragement, and she admired Mum's courage and strength displayed in the whole Leukemia treatment process tremendously.

This was Mother-in-law - simple, kind, optimistc, courageous and trusting the Lord wholeheartedly.

Our dear Mum passed away peacefully on 24 July 11.30pm, after 5 years of battling with Leukemia.

The set of pliers I have been using was a gift from her 4 years back. She taught me many basic skills of beading. I really miss her.