Off The Beaded Track: Labradorite Calm - $32 (2 pairs only)

Monday, March 08, 2010

Labradorite Calm - $32 (2 pairs only)





This goes with anything in my wardrobe!

I remember months ago a lady requested for jewellery with 'depth in colours'. Since then I have been pondering over the meaning of depth in colours. Labradorite definitely is one such stone. It takes a little more experience and maturity in taste to like this stone, like Smokey Quartz.

Labradorite is in the same family as Moonstones, and it shows brilliancy of colours at certain angles. My pictures don't do justice to this fact, but you can definitely see flashes of blue in these smoothly-polished stones.

Do not expect perfection within the stones. They come with little spots of minerals and some 'cracks' which I think add on to the organic look. You can't see the 'cracks' unless you study them.