Off The Beaded Track: 青女Lady Qing $ 30 (5 pairs) - For Jade Lovers

Sunday, October 15, 2006

青女Lady Qing $ 30 (5 pairs) - For Jade Lovers


This was inspired by the chinese movie, The Banquet (夜宴). 青女 is the name of the daughter of a loyal general. I was mesmorised by her beauty and the pair of jade earrings she wore. It looked so oriental, so vintage, so classic!

In this pair of earrings, I have simply linked a red coral round bead, a copper bead and a piece of dark-green jade together in series. The jade has carvings! What is so interesting about these 2 pieces of jade is that they both have patches of lighter green on them. Well, I am no expert in jade but I simply love the two-tone in the colours!

June immediately bought a pair (my original pair) when she saw them. The jade on her pair was lighter in colour (minty green, sort of).