Off The Beaded Track: Hyacinth $ 55 - BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hyacinth $ 55 - BEAUTIFUL!!!



This is probably my PROUDEST creation so far since I re-opened shop. This might sound crazy but when the first of these earrings evolved, I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of these stones and how much they look like little pond plants. There's just no way I can describe these earrings to do justice to their beauty.

They are very 3D, like a cluster of little plants.

And those of you who are familiar with gemstones will know their value. Both the Vessonite (a hard-to-come-by gemstone) onion-cut brios and rainbow moonstones are characterised by their little flaws, and yet they give off sparkle in their own way. Try catching the glow of the moonstones from this picture:


Vessonite has the colour of dried seaweed snack which shows better against the white surface.



Only a few pairs to be made exclusively for the priviledged few. I can't afford to get any more moonstones for the time being, and Vessonite is just so hard to find. Grab them if they call out to you! I am sure you will love them.


Drop is no more than 3cm excluding 925 silver leverback hooks.