Off The Beaded Track: Hobby #4 Crochet and Amigurumi Part 1

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hobby #4 Crochet and Amigurumi Part 1

I picked this up sometime last year in Nov, when friend C introduced me to Amigurumi (check out the internet!). Crochet isn't totally new to me, as my mum taught me a little when I was a teenager, so I didn't need much time to get used to holding the needle and thread. All I needed to do was to get great Jap books from Kinokunya, and bags of yarn from Spotlight.
Ok so what was first intended to be a 'test' pouch became a cute cap for my baby :)



After then I made a few pouches and bags. Then I tried out Amigurumi #1, and found that it was really easy!


Amigurumi #2 was C's birthday present.

And something more adventurous - a BIG cat, which took me a month (as the project could be so monotonous at times that I just left it alone for days).

The big cat led to the birth of a small cat. (refer next post. Somehow I can't seem to upload all my pics, so frustrating.)