Off The Beaded Track: Little Jade Peaches (Excellent stuff) $ 45 per pair - 2 unique pairs ONLY

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Little Jade Peaches (Excellent stuff) $ 45 per pair - 2 unique pairs ONLY






I must say that these are the best of all jade pieces I bought recently in terms of quality. In chinese, this is 冰种玉, a higher grade of jade that has a translucency, like ice. You can check out a jade counter at CK Tangs and find that something similar to these cost over $300!
I tried looking for more of these in other jade shops but I didn't manage to find anything close.
And the most interesting part in the carvings is that the jade loop is a continuous piece - imagine the skills involved during the carving!
These are so elegant that I have decided not to add any gemstones or pearls to them. They come in 2 shades of green - mint (in my own description) and yellow-green (nice rare colour). I can't decide which I like better. But if they are not sold, I will be keeping one pair for myself and another for my little girl.
These juicy peaches are hung on my favourite elegant gold-plated earwires but I can change them to the usual gold-filled ones upon request.