Off The Beaded Track: Watermelon Punch $ 52

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Watermelon Punch $ 52





These Watermelon Tourmaline are a rare find! I have come across Watermelon Tourmaline many times and this is the first time I decided to spend that kind of money on them.

So what is Watermelon Tourmaline? It refers to Tourmaline with multiple colours occuring together on the same piece. Usual colours are pink and green (in various shades), and sometimes in blue. It is more rare than the usual Tourmaline, which is already higher in price relative to the other gemstones.

Someone told me that Tourmaline was also Empress Dowager's favourite gemstones.

So in this creation, I have combined Rose Quartz of excellent grade (check out the clarity of the stones) and 6 precious slices of Watermelon Tourmaline for a low price. In fact, I bought these Rose Quartz pears just for the Watermelone Tourmaline!