Off The Beaded Track: Ayaka $ 82 - A choker for MYSELF (and ONE other to spare)

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ayaka $ 82 - A choker for MYSELF (and ONE other to spare)








PROUDLY PRESENTING......Ayaka (coloured flowers) choker. And I am really very proud of it, couldn't stop taking pictures of it :)

Flowers made with Keishi pearls, Hessonite Garnet (faceted onions in shades of brown and gold), peach Moonstone and freshwater pearls. Just GORGEOUS.

To save cost, I have used gold-plated chain which is not too yellow (perfect for those who hate yellow gold), instead of gold-filled chain. Gold colour is a must here because it really brings out the richness in the earthy colours here. The toggle used is of the same light tone in gold.

The piece I have made here is tailored to the thickness of my neck (which I suspect is thicker because I am taller and bigger and very pregnant). It is not a tight choker, still a choker, but relaxed. Any looser will make it hard to wear as the flower motifs will be flipping around.

I do not have enough materials to make more than 2 pieces. These onions and Keishi did not come cheap so I can't offer any discounts.