Off The Beaded Track: 铁龙青'Tie Long Qing' Jade with Vintage MOP Tulips $ 35 - ONE pair only SOLD

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

铁龙青'Tie Long Qing' Jade with Vintage MOP Tulips $ 35 - ONE pair only SOLD




This pair of 铁龙青 Jade is relatively too expensive for me to buy more than a pair at one go. I am not an expert in Jade, but the seller told me that this type of jade has been underground for a longer period of time and therefore has more chrome (the substance that makes stones green) in it.

This is really a pretty pair of jade which has delicate carvings.

I spent a great deal of time making and re-making this pair of earrings to make both sides as symmetrical as possible. As mentioned earlier, these mother-of-pearl tulips has been around since 1930s and I am happy to be able to buy them from a reliable seller. The others are freshwater and Keishi pearls.