Off The Beaded Track: Jade Buttons and Yellow Roses $ 28 SOLD

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jade Buttons and Yellow Roses $ 28 SOLD






I have been taking my time resting and making something whenever I feel like it. Most of the creations I am going to post up from now on are made in the wee hours of the day (like 4-5am) after I wake up to nurse Didi and pump out the excess milk he couldn't finish.

But I don't really have many waking moments actually, and most of the time in the day, I feel like a zombie. I try not to do anything that involves too much brain juice or eye power, fearing that I will not be able to have any reserves for the night feedings. Aiyah...haven't slept for durations of more than 3 hours in a stretch for a month already. Right now as I am typing this, I am anticipating the little milk monster to wake up anytime.

Anyway, a few ladies wrote to ask if I can make anything with more jade buttons. This is really the last pair I have on hand, and I promise that I will try to get more the next time I go on a buying trip, God knows when. This pair is mostly white with a streak of green somewhere.

I got these carved roses DIRECT from Japan. Hooked up with a Japanese (total stranger) from Ebay who is willing to help me buy beads from Japan for a fee of US$10. These roses are supposed to be 'Serpentine', according to the translation of Babel Fish, I suspect they are Olive Jade, but it doesn't matter anyway.

Another interesting material used here is carved Vesuvianite Idocrase leaves. So dainty and sweet! The earwires are silver-plated.