Off The Beaded Track: Updates

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Updates

I will be finishing off a few paid orders and sending them out asap. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience!

What's coming up
Jade stuff and some small acrylic flower creations. I have been busily sketching out the ideas on my sketch book but let's see if they work in reality :)

New Year Resolutions (I am putting them here so that I will be motivated to keep to them)
1. Read the Bible everyday

I have been stuck in the book of Job for weeks and I need to get out of it! There is no better way to know God than to read His Words which are alive and never-changing. I want to lead a life guided by His Words. I crave for Spiritual food.

2. Pick up reading

And that means spending less time on crochet and beading. That doesn't mean I don't crochet and bead anymore (how can I stop?!), but I want to equip myself with more knowledge and better myself in language.

Target: 1 book per month

Some books in mind:

a. Cover to Cover

b. Memoirs of a Geisha

c. Foundations of Christian Faith (a book so thick that I used it to stack up a baby chair, it's super solid in content. I started reading it 2+ years back and could never finish beyond Chpt 6. I thought it was going to be a dry book, but I was amazed at how rich and moving the content is.)

d. The Kite Runner

Haha I hope I am not being too ambitious. Wish me luck!