Off The Beaded Track: Macarons, anyone??

Friday, March 26, 2010

Macarons, anyone??



Recently a lady, YW who owns a blog on desserts purchased something from me and since then I have been eating macarons!!!
I ate macarons once before and I hated them because they were too sweet. But after reading her reviews on Jewels (Orchard Central) desserts, I found myself bringing my 2 kids all the way to Jewels to look for their macarons. Well, we never made it, because handling two young kids on my own got me no further than a distance spanning 2 buildings, so we ended up at Paragon Bakerzin for potato wedges and well, macarons. But anyway we went Jewels another day and tried out ALL 5 flavours :)) Husband was shocked at how readily I was popping $2-per-piece macarons into my mouth! The men just don't get it when it comes to sweet stuff. Even my daughter was munching on them and even asked for 'one more', like asking for cheap biscuits.
To YW: I think I like Bakerzin macarons more mainly because of the price :) And there are so many more choices. Love the Choco-Orange combination, as well as the raspberry one, and a few more. And I certainly agree with you that the Sea-salt one at Jewels is the nicest!