Off The Beaded Track: Xiao Qing 小青 $ 35 (jade)

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Xiao Qing 小青 $ 35 (jade)


This is the pair of earrings I have been telling some of you about - something which I am dying to post but can't do it til I really run of things to post (too busy). I apologise to appear to be passive towards many of your orders - I will try to drop you a mail as soon as I settle my work.

Recently I have fallen in love with Prehnite, a translucent stone with an apple-green tone. Over here I teamed it with a gold vermeil bead and a piece of doughnut jade. Ear wire is 925 silver, can be locked when worn. It is another proud Oriental creation, named after the lady Green Snake in the Chinese 'Legend of the White Snake'.

Note: I only have one pair of jade in this shade of green. Other nice greens will be paler or close to the colour of white jade.