Off The Beaded Track: Completed!!!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Completed!!!

Last year Dec when we were in Taiwan, my Laogong bought two BEAUTIFUL jigsaw puzzles from 诚品 bookstore. These jigsaws are paintings by Jimmy 几米 who inspired the movie Turn Left, Turn Right. One of them is of a child in the woods pushing a pram, in which a baby moon rests. It is made up of 500 pieces of jigsaw and we did it shortly after we came back.

This one you see here is 1000 pieces, and gosh, the hundreds or thousands of pieces of oranges and leaves and bark took us a long time to complete. Or rather, took Laogong a long time. A pig who stays on a tree opening his door to see a girl on a trunk.

My Laogong actually finished it a few weeks ago except for about 20 pieces left, which he could easily slot in in 10 minutes. But he told me that he would save the historical moment for me, when both of us can find the time to complete the jigsaw together. WOW HOW SWEET! And whenever I thought of this, I wanted to smile and hug this man who at the same time has this child-like sweetness :)

And finally last Friday, we had a closing ceremony for this jigsaw puzzle, marked by the insertion of the very last piece held by our four hands :) I took a number of pictures but since my Laogong does not enjoy his face being posted on my blog, I shall just share this with everyone. Can't wait to see these two being framed up!