Off The Beaded Track: Updates

Monday, June 08, 2009

Updates

1. My most sincere apologies to those who are still waiting for your jade pieces to arrive in your letter box. I have yet to make a trip to buy the jade, and I am also holding on to the pieces that I have on hand so that I can refer to them when buying.

2. I managed to make a few new items and I am very excited about them. However I have yet to find time to take pictures.

We are coping with a new situation - Chunchun trying to get used to childcare. She has become very attached to us when she's at home. She is always asking for 抱抱 and at night, she would wake up many times, walking from her room to ours, wanting to sleep with us. Often, she would cry and shout for Papa and Mama as she wails, dragging her pillow and blanket with her.

So, we have been putting her to CIO - Cry It Out, a cold turkey treatment which is supposed to end this new habit of waking up in a few days' time. For the past nights, we have been coping with 2 ~ 3 hours of sleep everyday. Today, Laogong was so tired that he had to take leave from work (I can't, as I have to finish urgent tasks on hand). The kid probably feels tired too. It has been very emotionally and physically-draining for all of us. And I know that it has been extremely hard for little Chunchun who is currently experiencing a strong sense of insecurity with the near-arrival of another member of the family.