Off The Beaded Track: MY's Coral Rose earrings (hanging at bottom of lobes)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

MY's Coral Rose earrings (hanging at bottom of lobes)







M Yum asked if I could make coral earrings for her that hang just covering the earlobes - I knew exactly what she meant, because I was once crazy about earrings that hang at the edge of the lobe, and almost considered punching another set of ear-holes lower and closer to the lobe, so that all my earrings could hang at the edge.

Anyway I decided to fix the clusters onto hook-shaped earwires because the earrings might fall out if fixed on studs due to the weight of the stones. The hooks solved the problem to some extend (after trial and error), but I am including the rubber 'backings', just in case.

The nice coral flowers nest among Vesuvianite leaves, magenta freshwater pearls and garnet.

I can also make similar versions with other materials.