Off The Beaded Track: Saving GAIA (and postage cost)

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saving GAIA (and postage cost)

I won't be including boxes for items below $30. This is to help cut costs so that I can continue to absorb postage and keep prices low. This is NOT to entice you to buy items >$30.

For items above $30, I include boxes mainly for protection of jewellery. But I will really appreciate if you can do without boxes. Most of my customers find the boxes unnecessary.

When I save a box, I also save ~ $0.30 of postage. I promise I will wrap your jewellery well so that they will not be damaged when they reach you.

I can include little paper bags (pastel colour, glossy surface) though as they do not incur additional postage. However, ask for them only when you need them.

In the case you really really need a box for items below $30, you can get a box at $1. But please note that I DO NOT sell boxes alone. I will not entertain requests for buying just boxes.

As you probably know, I am trying to sustain this hobby and keep this blog running so that I can recover material costs, more than making profit. I don't really charge for man-hours or worksmanship, maybe just a little overhead costs. I hope to continue enjoy the satisfaction I get when something I made get appreciated and bought by someone out there :)